BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Prepare for 2011 highlight overload in 3..2...1

Ok you know it's been a while since I've seriously blogged because I have forgotten my password...stop laughing. Obviously I remembered it, eh? :D Hack free even!

The first snow of the season was back at the first part of December and we haven't seen it since...I couldn't resist snapping a pic of our winter wonderland in our back yard. This has been a crazy winter with the lack of snow...ok..on to the 'highlights of 2011'...


My husband: The Calendar Boy! LOL I couldn't believe it either...Not only was he on the cover, but with the same picture, he wound up being 'Mr. September 2012' What a hoot! Because he was the traffic sergeant, he was asked to do a lot of things for the Highway Safety Council. I guess too, he fits that look of 'really? You really want to give me THAT excuse for not getting a ticket?' :D Still, I don't brag a lot, but I had to with this one. Do you blame me?

Our precious dolls: this picture was taken at their cousins' wedding this past August. They little guy in the group is NOT mine (lol) but is their youngest cousin who worships the ground the kids walk on. Either way, I love this picture. And, believe it or not, I took it with my cell phone!

Our annual Bronner's trip was a blast as usual. We make the trip on the Wednesday before Thanksgiving to beat the crowd. The weather was beautiful; no jackets! Ok, no disrespect to our Savior but I was cracking up laughing at these two with 'Hey Mom, take our picture with 'THIS GUY' 'cuz he's awesome!'.... (clowns....). It's really hard to get them to agree to a group pic but what fun when they do...:)
How is Smokey Cat you ask? Smokey Cat turned 15 back in October. 15! And, is still as wonderful as he was the day I got him. Such a good little bunny cat....

"okz...yours offering is a goods start to get off your jacket but what else yous got, my minion?"

And of course I found a reason to use my Yankee Candle Santa Hat cover...he wore it for 10 minutes while sitting on my desk..apparently he wanted Santa to be impressed.

On to craftiness!
I've been crocheting...a lot. I've just really needed that 'look instant project poof!' feeling and crocheting does it for me. So, I made the kids a critter each (above) from an alien, to the grim reaper (cutest one I've ever seen), to the devil, Medusa, and a black ninja down to his silver star..

My sister asked me to make a bear for her son's school teacher. I eventually made a blue and gold hat and scarf for it as well. I had a HARD time letting this one go out the house. It was the first time I used this pattern and I'm currently using it again for a smaller bear. This bear is REALLY big.

My youngest daughter was kind enough to pose the hats that I made her and her sister...just for fun. They turned out so cute and they looked so hard to do!
Oh and my girl got her braces off back in September...now she looks like she is 18 instead of 13...denial denial denial denial....yup I went there...denial..denial..
Finally! Some 'little' stitchy stuff! (and I do mean little..no big projects lately..)

Val's Stitchin Oh Joy done on 28 ct Opal Cashel for my last ornament exchange of the year...this one went to Conny :)

Lizzie Kate's Fa la la la la

Just Nan's 2011 Christmas ornament Rudy Reindeer

My Just Nan Halloween Tree...
By The Bay Needleart Stitch An Inch...I did this one for my sister who is a beach freak. And yes, I did it over ONE THREAD and it truly is one inch by one inch. The detail on it was really cool. Almost worth going blind on...lol

Bent Creeks Snowman from their Tag series...I changed the colors :)

Bent Creek's Reindeer Snow globe. I change the snow to Rainbow Gallery HG 60 so it really sparkles...snow should sparkle...not vampires :D (sorry for the Twilight dig...I like Twilight...)

Bent Creek's Snowman Photobooth...I did just one frame and made an ornie out of it for an exchange.
Bent Creek's Christmas ornament for 2010....

Yet another...you guessed it! Bent Creek!

And last but not least Val's Stitchin Be Merry (for yet another ornament exchange).

Honestly, I didn't do a lot of stitching last year due to the kids situation with school, my job adding some stress to that, and trying to put some things in order with that wonderful little challenge called 'life'. I've been reading more on my Nook, staying up way too late, and really withdrawing from people because I'm finding it better for myself. It may not be the right answer but I figure that my life teachings are over with. What I must do is to teach my kids on how to deal with the public, the craziness of the economy, and really be there for them. I can't help but worry about their future. Since they've moved to the new school, they are now straight A's, and A/B students. We couldn't be more proud of them. They are totally different kids. I won't be one of those parents who will live the life I never had through them, but I will BE there for them.

I'm still me with my quirky, crazy sense of humor, but just a little drawn back from the public life. It's better for me that way and helps me keep on track. :)

So, my promise, to the best I can, is to update my blog, and get back on track. I may not have an exciting life, but it is my life, I'm blessed to have it, and I'm blessed with the family I have in it! Wishing you and yours a wonderful beginning to 2012!

8 pirate comments:

Nancy M said...

I see more and more people doing crochet. You had some lovely small finishes. Do what makes you happy. I had to stop and take a photo of that same snow storm and posted it on my blog. It was just so pretty! Since I'm in the ortho biz, I know what you mean about them looking older as soon as the braces come off!Happier New Year to you!

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

So nice to see how each and every one of your children have grown and how proud you must be. Now about that calendar boy,,,, Cheers to you and September too.
What fun to see all of your stitching and just love the way you finished them off. The bear is way to cute and I would have to agree about letting it go too.
Best Wishes to you and Cheers to all the wonderful happenings in 2012.
Be always in stitches.

Anonymous said...

I have been wondering about you...
I'm happy to see a post of your darling husband, your beautiful kiddos (MY GOODNESS how they've grown up!) and your pretty as a picture stitching! Happy New YEAR!!!

Lisa V said...

Great to hear from you, what a fab catch up too! Love that teddy bear by the way, what a cutie!!
Hugs

mdgtjulie said...

Wow, what a lovely bit of stitching you've done. They may all be small, but there are lots of them!!! Grats on all the finishes, and I think you are doing the right thing trying to be there for your kids. That's wonderful!!

GoldenAngelsWorks said...

Nice to see you posting... we missed you.

Well congrats to they hubby on the calendar.

The kids are getting so big!! Congrats to your daughter on the braces being removed.

I love your crocheting.... My favorite one is the bear.

Your stitching is awesome as always too.

Brigitte said...

I loved to see your family pictures. Glad to heasr that your children are doing so great at their new school, so you know that it was a good decision to change schools. You can be so proud of them.
You have been doing some lovely stitching, such nice little ornaments. And your gift for your sister looks fantastic. I can't believe that it's all over one.

stitcherw said...

Wonderful pictures, you've been busy. Loved all the stitching pieces, but I think my favorite was your crochet bear, he's fantastic.
Sue