Hey it it hot enough out there for ya???? Holy Moley!!! I'm waiting for my yard to spontaneous combust! It's awful out there with no rain in sight....Thank GOD for A/C! Well some things won't change, that's for sure and one is the love of my country. Since 9/11, we Americans have been through hell and back but we prevail! I love everything patriotic and what it stands for. Happy 4th everyone!
Lately I took a break from stitching because sometimes the crochet hook will call to me. Well, it called this time to whip up something Trekkie. My friend Karen is a Trekkie as well and has a soft spot for Worf (who doesn't, right?). After all the scissor fobs she has made me in the past, and not to mention other numerous things, I made Worf for her very own. It was a labor of love but it turned out really cute! I used a basic body pattern from Lucyravenscar's blog spot and took off from there! I think he turned out pretty darn cute myself!
Last weekend my friend Karen and I met up with Stephanie from Stephanie's Hand Dyed Fabric and made a road trip to the Rocking Horse here in Michigan. We had breakfast, talked stitchy trash, discussed some possibilities of Fabric of the Month (can't WAIT for that to happen), and really had a great time. This was our first meeting for all of us together and we are planning to have more! It's amazing how we all just clicked like we had known each other for years! I made her a little stitchy box just as a little 'thank you' for all that she does when it comes to her great fabrics. Apparently she had to snatch it back from her daughter though...lol :D
Mermaid by Shepherds' Bush done on Stephanie's Hand Dyed Fabrics Deep Sea 28 count linen
Ok HOW could I not resist this picture??? Firstly, I've read the book Abraham Lincoln: Vampire Hunter. Two words. LOVED IT. I mean really how can I not have read it being a Civil War junkie??? Secondly, I did go take myself and three of the kids to go see the movie and (I won't spoil it) but they didn't follow the movie exactly but I still enjoyed it and it held it's own. My daughters are Twilight fans so when I saw this pic, I just about died laughing.....perfect. I'm a mean mom.
I love to read as much as I love to stitch. Right now I'm savoring this book, Widow of the South. And, I do mean savor. I am taking my sweet time with it because I don't want it to end. It is a brilliant book. Again, fiction wrapped around true history. I would recommend it in a heart beat. I want to find a hardcover edition for my own collection however I am finding that hard to come by. One because I'm picky and I want a mint copy and two, I'm cheap and won't spend a fortune on a mint copy...I know...picky picky...
How would my blog be without my Smokey Cat??? I am in love with this picture of my little fur ball.
'Thank you Lord for my catnip, my warm bed, and my Mama Cat and Daddy Cat who feed me"
It's been a while since I updated Red Lady Pirate so here is the end of page one:
and this is the starts of page two! Ta da! lol
Slow and steady, just like the ship she is on. Hey..by the way have you gotten any of Stephanie's fabrics yet???? Why not? What's the worst thing that could happen? Oh yeah..you could wind up a junkie like me...there is therapy for it...but I don't need help (denial) seriously I'm going to be just fine (denial) and I can walk away at any given time (denial).......(running away as they are chasing her with a straight jacket) Cheerio!









3 pirate comments:
I got such a giggle from your Worf stuffy! How cute is that?
I'm a historical fiction buff too. I love just about all of it. Haven't made it to see Vampire Hunter yet but it's in the plans!
Smokey has beautiful silver whiskers. How can you resist kissing them? I'd have snuggled him awake!
You are hilarious!
Love the worf doll and sure your friend will love it.
Dying to try Stephanie's fabbies... hopefully soon.
Great progress on Red Lady Pirate.
Lovely finishes and great progress on Red Lady Pirate.
Post a Comment